Friday, April 13, 2007

perspective

Day 2dpo and we are monitoring every burp and hiccup. It's pretty funny. I emailed E and said, "I have a headache and I'm tired. Think I could be pregnant?" heheahehehe We are distracting ourselves this weekend by painting the bedroom and going to a baby shower. Painting always seems to make the time fly, so we thought it might be good for us.

We went to a new lawyer today and had all the documents drawn up...dpoa, wills, guardianship, co-parenting agreement. Our lawyer is also a lesbian with a child, so we were very comfortable. Also, she considers this part of her job as a community service...way inexpensive. E turned to me when the lawyer was out of the room and said, "I love her." Just the way she feels about our new doctor. So, all those pieces are in place.

I am freaking out less today. I sat down and had a good talk with myself. I cannot control whether E gets pregnant this time or at all. I am grateful to have her in my life. I will focus on that and everything else will be bonus.

m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found you through "It's taking a village." Congratulations on taking the first "real" steps to making a family, fingers and legs crossed for good news in a couple of weeks! May I ask - how does the guardianship work where you live? In our state if we were to do a guardianship-type setup, SW would have to waive all of her rights (I will admit we're pretty lucky in the ability to do co-parent adoptions). Deep breaths (except not while painting!) and best wishes.