Saturday, April 21, 2007

DPO 10

It is finally warm and sunny here and today we will take our first official bike ride. We ride bicycles, not motorcycles. M has been a hard-core road biker for years. She is the type to actually complete the 300 mile charity ride in 5 days without using granny gear. I have been riding more and more over the past few summers. I can't wait for that feeling of flying over the landscape. Of course, since this is the first ride, it will be more like walking over the landscape.

The TWW is dragging on... I believe I am pregnant and I am just waiting for the sticks to catch up with me and confirm it. Nothing else could explain the rapid expansion of my chest, and I mean rapid. My breasts ache almost all day long. I am still a little woozy, but not as bad as the other day. I have also had horrible headaches that go from a dull ache to a full surge of pain. Additionally, I am exhausted for no good reason. By 9 p.m. I am asleep, not reading in bed...passed out.

Questions/Issues

1. If I am not pregnant, I am going to need some serious mental health help to find out how/why I convinced my body to be "pregnant." (You've heard the stories.)

2. Many women go through the same issues and never think they are pregnant (maybe it is a bad case of pms, etc) because many pregnancies go undetected and end before the mother even knew she was pregnant.

3. I work with about 20 women who have been pregnant in the last 2-3 years and many of them talk about the miscarriage they had, etc... Carrying a baby to term is quite an accomplishment, and miscarriages are so common from a statistical standpoint and a qualitative standpoint.

So, we will wait for a few more days. I have scheduled a blood test for Tuesday afternoon, about 12 hours before I was supposed to, but this Wednesday my schedule is a nightmare and M and I have a baby shower to attend after school. If the home tests keep coming up negative on Tuesday, I will move the appointment to Thursday....and ask for a pysch consult... :)

E-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard not to be neurotic, and I do hope more than anything that you are pregnant.

Anonymous said...

E, you will not need a psyche consult if it keeps coming up negative. You will just have a really could cry with M in your arms and then you will try again. And yes, those miscairrages are completely normal and very sad to deal with. But just think if I had not had one then kelsey and obviously boo would not be here. Also, when you finally do get and stay pregnant and carry the baby to term and have a beautiful healthy child like I know you will then you will really need to save the money because pictures cost a freaking fortune and mom is going to want a bunch with all her grandbabies! Also, I noticed in your bedroom pictures the vases with tulips are those the ones M gave you or are they fake anddid you just move the vase from dresser to night stand or did you have two?