Wednesday, April 11, 2007

just breathe


The average person takes over 23,000 breaths in a day. I was about 5,000 short today.

E was inseminated! We were pretty sure last night that she was starting to surge. She is like clockwork. This morning we got the egg on the ClearBlue Easy, so we were off to the doctor's office. I tried very hard not to be excited. Since our chances of getting pregnant on the first try are not that great, I was warding off disappointment. We anxiously/nervously/excitedly went to the doctor's office. The clinic and everyone there are awesome. We signed all the forms saying, "I am the right person. This is the right stuff." Then, we had to wait a half hour for the stuff to thaw.

Into the room. E was great. She experienced a little discomfort, but after a few deep breaths it was all over. We had never met the doctor before, but we liked him. After the insemination was done, he said, "I know this is all very clinical. We're going to leave the room while you relax for 10 minutes and you can be as romantic as you want." We thought it was very sweet and understanding. We felt overwhelmed...in a good way. We were happy to have those 10 minutes to be quiet and close.

We went to work for the rest of the day and were completely preoccupied. We wanted to be together, but realized if we didn't go to work we would drive ourselves crazy at home. So, basically, work was just a distraction.

Now, we are home relaxing. I have given the egg and the sperm my best pep talks. I cannot believe the day is finally here. I am so excited and yet trying to be cautious. I am in a beautiful home with my beautiful woman...completely happy. Breathing.

m

1 comment:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Let the TWW begin!

*Positive Baby Vibes*

GOOD LUCK!