Sunday, April 8, 2007

Are we home yet?

Back from vacation. It was fun and a little grueling. We went to four states and spent a lot of time in the car, but as always we had a great time. We got to see my mother and I got to catch up with a great friend from college who just had a baby. She and her husband are doing a great job of creating an excellent family. She makes her own baby food, which we think is just great and the baby is so freaking cute. I wish I lived closer to her. She should move here.

So, babymaking..... this is the week. Here it is. I am currently peeing on a stick twice a day. We are using the ClearBlue Easy monitor in the morning and a regular OPK around 6 p.m. in the evening. So, every twelve hours my heart races and I try and distract myself for the 3 minutes it takes to give me an answer.

When the machine or stick actually reads as surging...we will call the doctor and say we are ready. I assume an evening surge means that we will inseminate the next day -- I don't know what time? A morning surge will mean a late afternoon insemination? I don't know that either. I will call the doctor in the morning and ask these questions.

It is great to be home. I like to travel, but I truly love being at home. We have a great house, dog, community, and I feel closest to M sitting right here on the couch, next to her, watching her read the paper.

E-

1 comment:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Welcome back!

I'm so excited for you guys. I was just re-reading your previous post earlier and counting the days. Sounds like it just around the corner.

Thanks for the OPK reply. I was having a mini freak out moment. :o)

*positive baby vibes*