Monday, February 4, 2008

Run Silent, Run Deep

It happened again today. Babygirl gave me a little morning kick when I first woke up and about noon today I realized I hadn't felt her move in hours, which is not normal. I usually feel her on a very regular basis. I try to remain calm and talk myself out of the paranoia. Finally, a few tiny movements and by the time I got home from school she was moving around -- not kicking, just moving. I know that she is perfect and doing great, but I can't help but worry a little. She is now awake and moving and playing with my bladder, but not kicking.

I have a theory about these "quiet" times. I believe they are growth spurts for babygirl. I am usually hungrier than normal and she obviously sleeps more when she is on "run silent, run deep." So, that is my theory.

I love carrying this child. I love taking care of her. I even love worrying about her.

I also have to confess that my sweet love, M, has been wonderful with me. I have been somewhat hormonal lately, and she has been patient and kind. I know that she would prefer to tell me to snap out of it, but she knows I am trying. She even drove me to a small town to look at a chair in the middle of a snow storm. She is amazing and she will be an amazing mother. I am proud to share my life with her.


E-

P.S. Our great puppy has a sore on her right paw. We wrapped it so she wouldn't lick it. She wore the wrap all weekend and wasn't happy about it. This morning we woke up and it was gone. She ate it. The entire wrap. We are hoping it comes out the other end...soon...

2 comments:

Holly said...

oh. that was so sweet. you two are both going to be such wonderful mommies. I'm so excited for you.

hope the puppy gets better soon. poor thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's hard not to worry. I love your conclusion and think your positive outlook certainly translates to the babe.

Sorry for the poor puppy!

Take care of yourself hun. I just love following your story and think you are both going to be such amazing mums. ox