Saturday, February 2, 2008

26 Weeks

We are now officially 26 weeks pregnant. Things that I notice:

* Babygirl has cycles of alertness. She will be awake for an hour or two just kicking, playing, feeling, rolling, etc... It is an amazing feeling. At night, I can put the tv clicker on my belly and we can watch it jump around. In the middle of the night when she is really trying out for the kickboxing team, I have M put her hand around my belly so she can enjoy the show. Then, at times, she is silent and I assume asleep and happy.

* All maternity pants suck (sorry mom, I know you hate that word). They all ride either too high or too low. I actually still wear my regular jeans with my bellaband, which means I leave them unzipped, but the bella band holds everything together very snuggly. I wear my bella band almost every single day.

* When I am in maternity shirts I feel cute and pregnant. When I am home in my sweats I just feel large. We went and bought a mens sweatshirt in pink that I now wear at night when I get home. M now calls me "bubblegum."

* I snore now. Well, that is what I am told. This apparently is quite normal, but I am sure it isn't fun for M to listen to me and the dog snore all night.

* I make a lot of grunting noises as I move around. Getting in and out of the car, picking things up, and getting out of bed.

* My feet swell a little bit, but not everyday.

* People no longer just say hi to me, they all check out my belly everyday. It is fun to watch peoples eyes and watch them say hi and then see their eyes go directly to my belly. It is quite cool. I totally understand why people do that. The only people who don't are the ones that I see hourly. My best friend, with whom I work every hour , looked at me on Monday morning and said, "man, you are looking really pregnant....and your boobs are huge..." it's all true.

E-

4 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Oh the joys! :o)

Anonymous said...

all wonderful things! even the snoring and maternity pants are manageable. i look forward to using a bella band. genius.

glad things are going so well. xoox

Anonymous said...

all wonderful things! even the snoring and maternity pants are manageable. i look forward to using a bella band. genius.

glad things are going so well. xoox

Evillage said...

M, earplugs are my savior! S's snoring is amazing, some nights I cannot fall asleep without the plugs!