Thursday, February 7, 2008

Another Snow Day

Yesterday it snowed, again. It snowed 14 inches. It also blew and drifted. School was canceled. M and I shoveled early hoping to cut down on the work. It didn't work. It all just blew shut again. I also over did it, got a lecture about over doing it, and was told not to shovel anymore. Fine. M took on the great challenge of shoveling/snow blowing 12+ inches of snow. I thought she would pass out, she was working so hard. She did a great job and we are officially dug out.

We are 3 inches away from the snowiest winter on record. I can't wait to tell my daughter about the snowiest winter ever, when I was pregnant with her.

I am reading Oprah's book club book, The Pillars of the Earth. It is quite good and I am totally addicted, which is strange because I usually don't like her book choices. However, The Pillars of the Earth is 900+ pages and when I lay in bed it sits on top of my belly bump. Babygirl does not like that at all. She kicks and rolls and makes her feelings known and as she does that she moves the book. The book literally jumps up and down and it is quite difficult to read when it won't be still. Needless to say, I can't read too long.

E-

3 comments:

Holly said...

Pillars of the Earth is an Oprah selection!?!!? I LOVED that book and read it 2 or 3 times many, many years ago. In fact, I've probably read every Ken Follett book, he's my favorite.

I'm jealous about the snow. I really want to take Andrew sledding and it's pretty sucky to try sledding in mud.

Unknown said...

snow, snow and more snow well it's a sign....slow down and stay put...that is soon going to be your life..something from outside of you is so huge, dramtic and forceful that it will alter your life...That little blessing...now picking out beds and the rocker are important and you will keep them a life time however none of it matters as long as you can hold, carry, cuddle and love your little blessing because she is going to bring more joy than the shopping sprees, the planning and she will be like the snow, God's creation of something beautiful and everlasting in your mind even when years down the road you don't have her at your side you will be able to picture her even when she is not with you any longer. So have fun with the prep because the birth and reality of holding your dear little baby girl want compare to anything else in life now or in the future. Enjoy the love of it all. Always know what blesses one blesses all. Ninna

Anonymous said...

boo for snow! yea for active belly bumps! oxox