Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feeling the Baby move

I couldn't sleep the other night because babygirl was moving around. While I was laying there I started thinking about how she feels inside of me. I discovered that she has a variety of movements and I mentally started working on the following list:

1. Tiny rolls: These were the very first movements around 18-19 weeks. I felt them mainly at night when I was reading. They were small, quick and felt like a little ball the size of a ping-pong ball rolling in one spot. Some people call these flutters.

2. Kickboxing: This is when either arms or legs (I can't tell the difference yet)just punch and kick. It is usually on opposite sides of my belly and they can be seen by someone sitting next to you. They literally jump out at you. I have looked down and thought, "damn, did a foot come out that time?"

3. Ballet: This feels like she is rubbing the inside walls of my uterus. It is slow and steady. It can't be felt or seen on the outside. It feels like she is sliding around inside of me.

4. Big rolls: I felt these for a few weeks, but they have gone away. I don't think there is enough room for her to roll in there now. It literally feels like a large ball is rolling inside of you. You can almost see a ripple across the belly when it happened.

5. Slow push: This is when she just gently pushes on the walls of the uterus and they are very sweet because they are so gentle.

6. Earthquake: This is her current favorite move and the inspiration for this post. Babygirl has a tendency to move/jump/turn so quickly that it literary can cause my entire body to move. It feels like she is trying to turn, but something is stopping her and then all of a sudden something happens and the pressure that was built up is released and she jumps and moves at the same time.

7. Mini-Earthquake: Same as the earthquake, but not as intense and usually a little deeper.

Other news:

A. I am totally fine after the car accident. I wasn't even sore the next day. My poor car is not is great shape, but that can be fixed. Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.

B. My mother is flying into town on Friday and we are super excited. She is coming to visit and to check me out all pregnant. My belly will not disappoint. We can't wait for her get here. And, she has never in her whole life seen the amount of snow she is about to see. I tell her it is like living in a freezer that needs a serious de-frosting.

E-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be so awesome to feel what you are feeling right now :) Have a wonderful time with your mom!!