Sunday, February 24, 2008

poked and prodded...and other tidbits

When E and I decided we were ready to pursue having a baby, I agreed to a full physical since she's having the baby. She has been poked and prodded by many doctors and nurses, so it only seemed fair. I had my physical last week. I hadn't been in for a few years and my doctor decided to be pretty thorough. She did the normal checkup, inspected all my girly parts, and declared me fit as a fiddle. Most of my family has high cholesterol, but I came away with 155...my lowest ever. E says it's because I'm happy. I would agree. I think the worst part was that she decided I needed a tetanus shot. (Ouch! I had no idea it would hurt for days.) I also had a mole on the side of my neck that sometimes got irritated and I asked about getting it removed. Silly me, I thought she would refer me to a dermatologist or something. Nope. She seemed quite gleeful to snip it off herself. The actual act of having it taken off did not hurt very much, but putting on and ripping off the bandages has left my sensitive neck skin irritated. It's almost healed now and feels much better.

E is doing great. She's feeling good and looks great. We visited a friend of ours who is in the hospital because she went into preterm labor at 30 weeks. She has maintained a very good attitude and hopes to go home soon after two weeks in her little room. E and I feel very fortunate to be sailing through (it's going sooo fast!) the pregnancy so easily.

We had our first baby shower yesterday. My sister hosted it at our house for my female family members. It was a great time. We played a couple games and mostly just sat around and talked. There were lots of good baby stories. Of course, we also got some very cute clothes and wonderful gifts. It's kind of odd to just sit back and get gifts. We're more used to exchanging presents for holidays or birthdays, but we'll get used to it. ;)

m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos for getting the physical and being such a champ about it! And many cheers for baby showers. I can't imagine a better reason for a party. Glad things are going so well! xo