Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May

It is finally May. M and I both work in education and I try very hard not to work in May. It is the end. I don't want to work anymore. I want to sit around, talk to my friends, and work "summer hours." However, I have a pretty strong work ethic -- so I am still working -- your tax dollars aren't going to waste. I just really don't want to right now. M's view of school is a little different -- here is hers...

1st Quarter: arrive 30 minutes early to school
2nd Quarter: arrive 10 minutes early to school
3rd Quarter: arrive somewhat on time
4th Quarter: they are lucky I show up at all.....

We are not doing anything different for this cycle in terms of drugs or interventions. We are keeping track of my basal body temperature -- that way we can obsess about one more variable during the TWW...nice, huh? The TWW is a time when your entire world is nuts. You obsess about everything and it is very consuming. I am going to try to be more relaxed this time. I am going to document what I am feeling, but I am going to try to not go nuts.

We will try again late next week. I just watch the days tick by on my monitor.

E-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My assvice is to document things religiously b/c when something is happening in a later month, you often want to go back and see where that thing happened in previous months....

Good luck w/ May and the TWW!!

Evillage said...

Soooo sorry I haven't been around to interview till now. Work is crazy right now. Here it goes.

1. E. what are you most looking forward to about pregnancy/early months?

2. M. what are you most looking forward to about the pregnancy/early months?

3. How did you two decide which was having the first/all/none of the babies?

4. Where do you see yourselves in 25 years from now?

5. M. since I too am going (someday I swear) be a non-bio mom, I am wondering what other soon to be non-bios fear the most. Tell me what you think the biggest challenge will be for you being a non-bio mom?