Saturday, September 1, 2007

I am so happy for ME!!!!

Here are the updates:

1. The fence was finished and it looks great! The puppy (7 year old Golden Retriever) has had a blast running around her yard. It is so much easier on us, too. No more worrying about her dashing across the street to play with the other dogs.

2. We are both back at work - summer vacation is over. Our local paper's headline this morning was..."Summer's Last Gasp." So true in this part of the world.

3. The annoying neighbors that live about 3 houses away are moving today! Excellent news!

4. Oh yeah, and we are pregnant. Heheheh


So, our last inseminiation was August 20th and it was perfectly timed. We went in about 10:30 a.m. and my ovulation sensation/pain started about 1 p.m. and was done by 6 p.m. Additionally, we had the HSG test the week before which cleans everything out.

I had a wave of wooziness on DPO 1 and starting about DPO 2 I had sore and sensitive nipples, which I still do. Around day 8 DPO I started to feel very full and a little dizzy throughout the day. That feeling continues as well.

On DPO 9 we decided to test with a FRER pregnancy test in the afternoon. When the test came up there was a whisper of a line -- super, super light, but there was something there. Normally, those tests are as white as sheets when they are negative. So, the next day, DPO 10, we tested again with a FRER and the line was clearly visable...not dark, but a line. Happiness ensued.

We called my mother and she cried and was very happy. I most remember her saying, through her sobs, "I am so happy for you and M. I am so happy for ME!" Etc... Etc... Etc... We then told M's mom who was thrilled and apparently needs to start crocheting some things. :)

We have only told a few people because it is so early and we all know that we must be cautious. 12 weeks is a long time, but we needed to tell the people that would be our support system if something goes wrong. I told 3 of my closest co-workers who would notice that something is different. M has told her family and a couple close friends, but that is all. We'll save the big announcement until November when it will be "safer."

Things that are wild:
1. We ended up getting pregnant at the downtown clinic -- the one we were scared out of on our first visit. We did not get pregnant at the posh fertility clinic or the fancy clinic on the chic side of town.

2. August was our original start month, until we read all the blogs last winter and realized we should start earlier.

3. This was the last month with our favorite donor. He is all out.

So, deep breaths, happy faces, and letting it all sink in.

E-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Congrats guys. I am so happy for you both!!! What a crazy ride this ttc journey is eh? Looking forward to the exciting posts to come!

Kim aka Mommy said...

1. Good job on getting the fence done. It IS so much easier just being able to let them out and run.
2. Where did the summer go?!
3. Goodbye annoying neighbors! I wish some of ours would pack up.
4. CONGRATS AGAIN!

I think the HSG is the golden ticket. ;o) Isn't it something how you start to FEEL different so early? I like the "I'm so happy for ME" from your mom. Sweet.

Lots of luck and prayers for a pleasant 8 months and healthy baby.

Having a beta done?

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Happy days are here again!!!!This NM is still amazed at the patience and timing it all takes on the two of you to accomplish this little blessing coming to us all. WOW..My days are always happy with little ones and as little ones become big ones but just to add another blessing is the most wonderful thing ever! Much joy, love, good health and happiness to both of you. Love NM

Evillage said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I haven't even finished reading yet and wanted to comment! YEEEEEHAWWWWW!

Holly said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
This is so amazing!
I am so happy for you guys!!!!
Congratulations!