Friday, September 14, 2007

baby talk

We are back in the throes of school. Every summer I forget how tired I am by Friday afternoon. I met with my book club last night. One of them just had a baby and one is due in a month, so there was plenty of baby talk. They all know that E and I are trying to get pregnant, but I haven't confirmed that we're pregnant. We talked about everything...the drive to the hospital (which completely freaks me out), the delivery, daycare, etc. They all asked me a million questions....and I felt like the biggest liar in the world. I've told some whopping lies in my life, but for some reason it makes me feel so guilty not telling them the truth. I'll get over it.

The doctor who did the insemination called and wants us to come in for an ultrasound this week. It will be the six-week mark (I don't get the pregnancy math, either), and there's a chance we could hear the heartbeat. I am hopeful that we do, but I will not be surprised if we don't. That would be pretty early. We also have an ultrasound with our obstetrician mid-October, and I will be more set on the outcome of that one.

I feel very maternal about E's belly and very protective of her. We have a great connection, and in addition to the awe of a baby growing, I am very proud of E for working and doing all we do while still taking good care of herself.

m

3 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Your first ultrasound? How exciting! I didn't get to hear the heartbeat but I saw it. AMAZING! Can't wait to hear more.

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

We went for an ultrasound at the six week mark (to see if there were multiples since I had taken Clomid) and even though it was a little blob on the screen, we saw the heartbeat for the first time. Amazing!! It was also amazing to us that they could tell so early that there was only one baby in there. I kept asking "Are you sure?" I was convinced I was going to have twins.

Holly said...

It's not lying, it's "withholding information". No one expects you to tell until you are good and ready! Won't they all be so excited when you share the news!

Good luck on the u/s! I don't think we had one until 8 weeks. And I remember that pregnancy math. I always wondered how you could be 2 weeks pregnant before conception occurs, LOL!