Saturday, January 20, 2007

It's in the snow bank


1. Well, my mother has a complaint about the blog. She thinks it is too impersonal. But, she also likes to know what is going on with the entire process.

She asked, ".....so where is the little blessing being kept [the sperm]???Please tell me it's not in the frig! "

No, Mother it is not in the fridge, it has to remain frozen so M stuck it in a snow bank outside. Only kidding, it is at the doctor's office being stored at $75.00 per quarter.

We love the blog. It is a great way to keep everyone informed and up to date with our progress. So, Mother, if you would like to talk more about it, then give me a call and we'll talk.

2. We won. Yes, we have beaten the system. M and I work for the same employer and we each have single health insurance plans. Our employer does allow domestic partnership and we could be on each others plans as well. So, we contacted HR and said we would like to join each others plans. They gave some "it is of no benefit to you or us to create to family plans at this point." We pushed a little, called the health care provider directly, asked a few more pointed questions and voila... I will now be on M's plan and double our fertility coverage! Woohoo! We are very blessed to have any coverage at all and to be able to double it is wonderful.

3. M was very sick this week and stayed home for 2 days. During that time she called some lawyers. We have an appointment next Wednesday to meet with a lawyer for some advice. We are also going to work on our health care directives this weekend.

I told M a while ago that I needed some things to make me feel comfortable carrying this child, some of them were emotional, some financial, and some were legal arrangements, and she agreed and had some of her own. Every step we take to make sure we are ready (as ready as you can be) makes me feel excellent and more confident. It is hard to be patient, but I know that it will be a much more enjoyable experience if we are both ready and we don't rush it.

E-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

E & M
I realize that this blog is somewhat impersonal as NM stated but, I understand. However, I think it also provides a lot of information. I mean when I wanted kids I went to bed with MF and viola I was pregnant. Guess I could be considered a one hit wonder. (good for you - since we come from the same gene pool.) Maybe I should start a blog and tell about how KJ and MJ came about. Unfortunately it would probably be blocked with Net Nanny!!! I love the blog and I love reading about all the things you have to go through in order to make this happen. As I said on the phone this will be great for the baby book. NM told me you have it set to email her when you have written another entry - can it email me as well. Keep it up - I love reading it!!