Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day 1

I wore my first "maternity" shirt today. I have pants that are one size up from my normal size and they still fit great. A co-worker gave me two bins of her old maternity clothes and I weeded through them and found about 15 items that will serve me well. So, today I put on a long comfy, cozy, cute, thin light blue hoodie and felt great. It was wonderful not having to pull at my tighter shirts and constantly re-adjust all day. I am going to look for more shirts like that. I haven't gained much weight, but my waist has changed and my lower abdomen has gotten a little bigger. And, since I usually worn sweaters/tops that were more form fitting my shirt selection has taken a big hit.

I have about 8 co-workers who are all pregnant. The closest are L who is 2 weeks ahead of me, J who is 4 weeks ahead of me. Both of them have very clear bumps and are in maternity pants. J and I worked the most together and have a great time comparing notes. It is both of our firsts. We will email each other things like, "K- I couldn't take it anymore, I rolled my pantyhose down to my hips..." or "why is my bra trying to squeeze me to death...?" About every 3 days we catch up and giggle about our changing bodies.

M and I had a wonderful 4 days break last week and it just reminds me of how much I love to just hanging out with her. We will wander through our days, talking, laughing, planning, working, and just relaxing. There are moments when we are both in this zone of talking and talking and talking. It usually occurs on a weekend morning when we are reading the paper. One of us will ask some random question and the next thing you know it is noon and we have been talking about our past, present, or future experiences/thoughts for hours. You never know when it will happen, but when it does it truly reminds me of how we fell in love and how much I still learn from her. I hope in our future we still find a little time for those conversations.

E-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(delurking)

I love your blog and have been reading for a while. Figured it's as good a time as any to say hello.

Cheers to falling in love again and again and to maternity clothes and work chitty chat.

I'm so excited for you and am sending you many happy, healthy vibes.

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to have some women to chat it up with about all of this. :)