Monday, November 19, 2007

just stuff

Not much is new here. E is feeling much better...no more queasiness, not as exhausted (although we did go to bed at 8 p.m. the other night). We are back to eating more normal meals instead of waiting until the last moment to see what would sound good to E.

A funny aside to our food and drink story...when E became pregnant she obviously stopped drinking and so did I. (It's just not as fun without her.) We started going out to eat a lot because E didn't like the smell of food cooking in the house. I assumed we'd be spending over our allotted food budget. However, it turned out we spent a lot less...because we weren't buying beer. Yet another perk of being pregnant. :)

We had a doctor's appointment last week and got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. A strong 165 beats a minute. A couple people have asked me if the gender can be determined from the heartbeat. Everything I've read says it's an old wives tale, so I guess we have to wait for our 20-week ultrasound to be sure.

We have done absolutely nothing to get ready for the baby. I guess I should clarify that...we have neither done anything to the nursery nor have we bought anything. We have prepared by saving our money and taking care of all the lawyer stuff. Our good luck in finding professionals whom we like has held out. Our lawyer is as funny and caring and excellent as our doctor.

This week will fly by for us because tomorrow is our last day of work. Thursday will bring an influx of 11 of my family members. That's down from last Thanksgiving's gathering of 23...the little one will have plenty of cousins to grow up with.

Sometimes it's still hard to believe that we get to have a baby. I love being with E...even on days like this past weekend when we just make a jigsaw puzzle and clean the house. She always gives me crap for not putting it in a blog post........I don't want to take away her fun, so I won't write about how wonderful she is and how much I love her.

m

2 comments:

Unknown said...

IT"S A GIRL!!!!!
Wow, you are definately having a girl. I would be willing to take monetary bets if anyone disagrees with me.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything was well at your appointment. Have a great Thanksgiving.