Monday, November 26, 2007

16 weeks

We had an awesome Thanksgiving break. Five days of no school is wonderful. We fed eleven at Thanksgiving dinner and learned that it is a little easier to prepare a large meal while totally sober - as opposed to last year when we were slightly lit up and couldn't figure out why the turkey wouldn't cook.... The Friday after Thanksgiving was great. We did nothing but go to the bookstore (which was packed), read, watch movies, and hang out -- peace. Later in the weekend we cut down a xmas tree, decorated the house and the tree, read, and watched more movies.

Today was like going from 0 to 80. School for both of us was totally nuts. The adults, the children, the staff, the parents...all of them...crazy today. I think it is the readjustment to a regular schedule. We both got home and took a long walk with the dog and spewed our days to each other. We are now relaxing, blogging, and writing xmas cards.

Pregnancy: Going quite well at this point. I feel great and I am very pleased the baby is making its own hormones now. I have minor cramping on and off and every once and awhile a big ligament cramp. My clothes are decreasing, but I am making due. I bought a Bella Band this weekend....what a great invention. I wore it all day Saturday and it felt great and kept my pants up. For those who don't know -- a BellaBand is a spandex tube top that is worn around your waist and over your pants. It helps keep the pants up, even if they are unbuttoned.

We still haven't bought anything for the baby or its room. We will find out the week of xmas if it is a boy or a girl, that will help us determine our decorating needs.

We have 19 more school days until our xmas break.....not that we are counting or anything... ;)

E-

4 comments:

Kevo said...

Glad to hear you two had a good break.

Counting down to Christmas already? [I started counting down almost a month ago :)]

Kim aka Mommy said...

So glad to hear things are going so well and your Thanksgiving went smoothly.

Is it the week after Christmas yet? ;o) I can't wait to hear the news.

Holly said...

Wahoo on 16 weeks!
And Congrats on the few days left until Christmas break! I'm sure you are slightly looking forward to it!

Teaberry said...

Hi, I found your blog listed on another blog that I like to read. I really enjoy it!

I am also a teacher, so it's been great reading about another couple of teacher's lives-- By the way, is the title of this blog a reference to A Separate Peace?

I also have a blog. It's not a parenting blog (at least not for another year, it isn't) but it's about our upcoming commitment ceremony. Maybe stop by, if you like!

Oh, and I can relate-- this Monday was CRAZY at school.... oh, and do you have the same wicked cold virus running through your building as we do?