Monday, November 5, 2007

is it monday yet?

We spent the weekend getting ready for winter. Here's what we did in no particular order:

1. washed windows
2. cleaned the house
3. did a million loads of laundry (duvets, sheets, etc.)
4. mowed the lawn
5. drained the gas out of the mower
6. fired up the snowblower (good thing...snow flew today)
7. ripped out the dead tomato plants and herbs
8. planted about 150 tulip bulbs
9. trimmed back bushes and shrubs
10. spread the winterizing fertilizer
11. took three bags of lawn stuff to yard waste place
12. took a bunch of stuff to goodwill
13. turned off and drained the outdoor faucets
14. put the hose away

I woke up this morning and said to E, "Look at my eyes. I am more tired this morning than I was Friday after work...and we gained an hour of sleep!"

We did have a good time and feel great about having everything ready for winter. E is still feeling queasy on and off. In the middle of the night on Saturday I awoke to her getting sick. She was fine after a little while...probably a bad idea to eat leftover Halloween candy for dessert. hehee We finished the weekend with good food, though....E's turkey lasagna (yum!) and a salad.

So, after all that, I have to ask: Is it Monday yet? I'm sure we'll be in bed by 8 p.m. tonight.

m

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow - I was tired just reading your list! Hope your work week is...relaxing!

Kim aka Mommy said...

Wow you 2 have been busy!

I feel ya on the 8 pm bedtime. :o)