Wednesday, November 14, 2007

14 Weeks

I am somewhere in my 14th week of pregnancy. I think things are going well. We see the doctor tomorrow and I am sure hearing the heartbeat will reassure me and remind me that everything is okay. I think I am in the stage of pregnancy where not a lot happens. I am not really showing yet - except our weekly pictures prove that I am getting bigger, but at this point only M can really tell. I have gained about 3 pounds as of this morning.

I feel so much better it is unreal. I actually feel like a real person again. I can pretty much eat what I want and I don't have those crazy craving anymore. I am trying to eat more fruit and not snack between meals anymore. I am hungry in the morning hours, but it passes after lunch. I do not miss the upset belly or constant food struggle at all. However, I still want to go to bed as early as M will let me.

The clothes are still a major issue. I still have three pairs of regular pants that I am wearing and I did break down and buy a few maternity tops, but you can't even tell they are maternity so that is great. They are just much longer which helps a ton. My mother and sister sent me a box of clothes that helped a lot with a few skirts and button up tops. Tomorrow I am trying maternity tights! woohoo!

Today in my office a variety of pregnant women were talking about all the stuff they already have....cribs, strollers, baby carriers, etc. We have 2 bibs, 2 onzies, and a toy (all excellent gifts from M's mom). I don't think we are behind. I think my co-workers are super excited and ready to buy. My mind isn't there yet. I am actually more focused on the rest of the house and not on the nursery. I am obsessing over the best way to dust wood blinds. Crazy, I know. I am also waiting for the women of my world to stand up and buy me a gift. I didn't get to get married. I didn't have a bridal shower. I get a damn nice baby shower. Actually, I think we will get several from some very dear and sweet friends.

M surprised me last night with a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure at our favorite day spa. She has been great and has been very patient with me. I watched Oprah today about the "loves of a lifetime" and I thought of M often. We worked hard to get where we are -- at one point we actually made of list of things we had to do to end up together -- it was a very long list, but we did it and we had a lot smiles along the way. I am lucky to have her and she is damn lucky to have me!

P.S. I do have a funny left eye twitch. It twitches all day. Driving me nuts.

No comments: