Wednesday, July 11, 2007

puppy love



Aaahhhhhhhhh.......home at last. We enjoyed the time away and are glad to be back. I think the worst part was that our golden retriever had to go to the kennel while we were away. I have had her since she was 7 weeks old and now she is 7 years old. She is a great dog and everyone immediately falls in love with her. E used to be very wary of the dog...she would try to move away and definitely did not enjoy the slobber. When we dropped the dog off at the kennel, E cried. Times change. The golden is so much a part of our life. The house just doesn't seem the same when she's not around.

While we were on our trip, I read Marley and Me. It's a good, fun read. But I should not have read it while the dog was not with me. If you love a dog, have ever loved a dog, or have ever thought about wanting a dog, you should read the book. It is hysterically funny and sweet. I was very happy when my dog came running into my arms.

*****
On the baby front, E is taking twice the clomid dose and has started having hot flashes. In addition to being fun to watch her go from pink to red and "glowing," I also like it because I feel like at least something is happening. Hopefully the increased dose will get us going in a more timely fashion.

m

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable dog!! They're great, aren't they? Don't know what we'd do without ours.

Sorry about the hot flashes on Clomid, but I feel the same way: the symptoms make it seem like something must be happening! Best of luck to you this cycle!!!

Anonymous said...

She's a handsome girl!

Marci said...

Just catching up on your blog! Thanks for the words of encouragement on my blog as well.

Being in education does rock, doesn't it? I have July and August off to concentrate on TTC. Jen and I are taking our 3 nieces and nephew on vacation with our two dogs. Wish us luck!! I remember Jen reading Marley and Me. She was in bed bawling her eyes out at some parts...

And as for the golf thing, Jen and I have recently become fiends! Before I went on all my stim meds we were playing like every weekend! I never thought I'd enjoy it, but I do!

Good luck on the Clomid!

Melissa said...

I know exactly how E. feels. The first time we dropped our dog off at "Dog Camp" we cried as we drove away. Dog's are the best, your pup sure is cute!