Thursday, June 21, 2007

better late than never?

It is day 24 and still no ovulation. I thought the clomid would speed up the ovulation, but I am obviously wrong. The bad news is that we're still waiting for E to ovulate, but the good news is that the clomid makes the egg more viable. So, when we talked to the doctor last week, he said he would still do the insemination because the chances are still very good. The Clearblue Easy was at the medium level this morning. (I know it doesn't really mean medium but that's how I think of it.) We are excited that we still have a chance this month. Sometimes it is difficult to even think about getting pregnant. Sometimes the months seem to drag, but I don't want them to speed up. Time is of the essence...I'm not getting any younger.

In the meantime, I am in full "teacher off school" summer mode. This is only day four, so I have many days of freedom left. I love wandering around the house...so peaceful.

m

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry so much waiting for you this month!! Can they do a scan to check out what's going on?? Best of luck to you for a BFP this month!

Holly said...

Wacky cycle? I don't think the clomid made any difference for us with the timing of ovulation, I am not entirely sure.
Happy Summer! How cool is it to be work-free for a while.
I am jealous. There's another reason I kick myself for leaving my teaching gig to go to law school. What was I thinking!?!?

Kim aka Mommy said...

We've been wondering about yall. I dont know too much about clomid so no advice there but here's hoping for the big O soon!