Wednesday, April 2, 2008

pain management...mine, not hers

Since our childbirth class on Saturday, E has been quite freaked out. It probably doesn't help that we also had a breastfeeding class on Monday. And, E realized that every woman she knows who has given birth in the last six months has been induced. Her last standing pregnancy buddy will be next very soon.

E and I discussed pain management. E wants to have whatever drugs necessary to not feel excessive pain during labor. I had a kidney stone a few years ago. We googled childbirth versus kidney stone, and some people feel the pain of the kidney stone was worse...others the reverse. Whatever...I know E will do great. Our doctor already knows about E's pain management request and agrees wholeheartedly.

We are on spring break this week, although E is working to earn some extra days. While she is at work I have been painting. I did the nursery on Monday and finished Tuesday morning. I started the laundry room yesterday and am finishing it today. They both look great and I like knowing that I am contributing while E is at work.

HOWEVER...I think the pain of painting is like the pain of childbirth. You just forget how painful it is. Otherwise, you'd never do it again.

m

P.S. I'll post pictures as soon as I can lift the camera.

No comments: