Monday, April 21, 2008

'Twas the night...

We have both been working very hard to get ready for BabyGirl to arrive, and now that we are this close we feel like every day is Christmas Eve and we are 10 years old. Every preparation has been made. I spent yesterday in the yard fertilizing the lawn, putting down mulch, and washing windows. I don't know how to explain it. I am so excited that time just does not want to go by. Work is just a little boring because I have all my planning and projects done, so I work with my kids but mostly I just wait for E to call me telling me it's time to go. In my head I know it could be weeks before that happens, but now that we have everything done I have nothing else to think about. So, with apologies to Clement Moore, here's life in our house.

'Twas three weeks before childbirth, when all through the house
All the creatures were stirring, even the mice;

The onesies were hung in the nursery with care,
In hopes that BabyGirl soon would be there.

The mommies were excited and done with their chores,
They washed the windows and even the floors.

The baby keeps growing safe in E's belly,
And they got the dog groomed so she wouldn't be smelly
.

So, here we sit watching BabyGirl grow,
Wishing the time didn't pass so slow
.


m

4 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! I'm so excited for you both. ox

Laurie said...

So cute! I can't imagine how excited you guys must be!

Anonymous said...

Loved that poem! Here's to hoping the time FLIES.