Sunday, April 13, 2008

Are we ready?

This weekend was dedicated to getting ready for babygirl. We are due in one month and we want to be ready.



I also want to spend the last few weeks enjoying the end of carrying our babygirl and not stressed out about what we still need to do. So .. here goes our list of accomplishments...



1. Made list of final items that we needed.

2. Went to outlet mall and bought some of the cutest little sleepers/onesies on the planet. We also got socks, mittens, crib pads, etc...

3. Picked up a new pairs of jeans for M...we were there anyways.

4. Target. A Target shopping trip to remember...we got all the baby medicine, boppie covers, lotions, on and on...we basically finished off our registry.

5. BabiesrUs. We bought a co-sleeper (after a week of debating about it....that ended with me in tears....hormones...tears come easy), a swing, and various other items.

6. Put co-sleeper together -- it is going to be great. Babygirl nows has a place to sleep when she comes home and it is right next to her mommas.

7. Washed all the new clothes and put them in the nursery.

8. Cleaned the entire house from top to bottom -- dusted everything...scrubbed anything that would stand still...M had to vacuum because I can't anymore. Vacuuming irritates my pelvic problem. In fact, the problem is almost gone since I gave up vacuuming. We even mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors.

9. Put swing together -- not as easy as you think.

10. M managed mountains of cardboard and various basement items.

11. Hung curtains in guestroom.

12. Did school work. I chose to do mine at 1 AM on Friday night. I woke up in a panic that I would have this baby too soon and no one would know where to start in my office. So, I made this huge list and emailed it to myself. M is doing hers now.

13. We also took a little time out to enjoy each other as well. We had a fun breakfast Saturday morning, watched a movie Saturday night, went to bed early, read the Sunday paper, and we are both engrossed in our current novels.



Wow. That was a lot. Four weeks. Four short little weeks. Our babygirl will join us in four short little weeks. She is totally worth all the work.



E-



P.S. I have a huge round belly, swollen feet, and I pee constantly. Totally worth it.

5 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

It sounds like yall are ready for this little pink bundle of joy! :o)

4 weeks? Wow! Time sure has flown by! Enjoy your last month!

Can't wait to see babygirl!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You sound like you're ready. The nesting instinct is intoxicating. I love hearing about all your to-dos and countdowns. ox

Anonymous said...

Geez! You've gotten so much done!!! Way to go on all the hard work. Can't wait to *meet* your babygirl in just a few short weeks!

Would love to see a shot of that beautiful baby belly!

Holly said...

Wow - you guys are so ready! And it's getting SOOOO close!

One word of wisdom - if you are like us, stock the freezer with ready-made meals if you can. The first week or so at home, you will not want to cook much.

OMG! I'm so excited!

Laurie said...

Hi,

I found your blog on lesbianfamily.org and have been reading for a few weeks. Just wanted to say hi! I've really enjoyed reading along with your journey... I can't wait to see babygirl!

-Laurie