Sunday, March 30, 2008

34 weeks

We are 34 weeks pregnant. The belly is expanding at a rapid pace and babygirl is getting bigger and heavier. She can't roll around anymore, instead she has large shifting movements and then tiny little movements as she gets comfortable. I am still pretty hungry most of the time. I have only one major craving.....a real Diet Coke (not the caffeine free stuff). I want it all the time. I allow myself a couple a week, but I try not to have it every day. A few other tidbits....I snore and I keep M up, I roll over and wake M up, and I have Symphysis pubis dysfunction.

We went to Child-Birth Class on Saturday for six hours. I did not enjoy it at all for a variety of reasons:

1. As educators we are quick to see through bad teaching and at points...there was bad teaching.

2. We had to watch a placenta with the sac come out of a woman. I almost threw up. It was the grossest thing I have ever seen, and the thought that a huge balloon has to come out of me is just hard. Now, I know that billions of women have given birth and I will be fine and there is nothing wrong with the birth process..etc...etc...etc..., but yuck.

3. We giggled the entire time we were practicing changing "comfort positions" and role-playing being in labor.

4. I learned that labor takes a long time. Longer than I thought.

5. I was freaked out, but I will recover....right?

This week is spring break. M will be painting the babygirl's room and the mudroom. I will be going to work and building up more days for my leave. I will be home for about 18 weeks and M will be home for about 16 months. We are very happy with our decision for M to stay home. She is going to be a great stay at home mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you're getting there!

From experience as a "non-bio" mom...it was great for me to be able to stay at home with our daughter.

It really helped us bond in ways that other moms had a hard time with. And something we were very fortunate we were able to do.

I hope it works for you too!

Wishing you a FAST and PAINLESS delivery! (A girl can wish, right?)

Shawna
www.chiutenblack.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 34wks! You're getting so close now! Sorry the childbirth class was so rough. Yes, you will get through this. It does seem scary, but I promise you'll be just fine! Try not to stress too much about it, and lean on your girl for support through all of this. With the belly gettin' so big, I'd love to see a belly shot! ;)

Kim aka Mommy said...

Ugg! I gagged a little just reading and thinking about it. LOL

YAY for 34 weeks!