Monday, August 13, 2007

...and a lovely vest

So, E and I went in today for the powerwashing. As she said, everything is great. We feel like it was a good idea to know that physically all is well and that we have a greater chance for the next three months.

Moments in the x-ray room...
1. E cannot keep her hands off the toys. She wanted to see what the instruments looked like, what the chart said, what the little bottles said. She was playing with the stirrups (which looked like video game joysticks). If I hadn't been in the room, she would have taken the x-ray machine apart to see how it worked. I limited her to turning the lights on and off.


2. I had to wear a heavy vest to protect me from the x-rays. In hindsight, I probably should have taken it off for the 45 minutes we waited for the doctor. However, it was a lovely jewel-tone green that E said I looked great in. heheheh

3. We suck at 20 questions. Seriously, the city of Rome, Karl Rove, Thomas Jefferson, and a bike chain. Those were the best we could do.

4. E did great. She only winced a couple times and never let loose with the swear words that are usually on the tip of her tongue when she's in pain or frustrated.

5. After office visits, I usually think our doctor is a little perfunctory, but today he was awesome...very reassuring, very kind. Maybe office visits bore him.

So, we are ready for the next try. We hope that after the HSG the little swimmers think they're on a water slide.

m

3 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

Thank you for your recent comment on our blog. I'm so glad that I found you and can read you.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a successful TTC cycle.

Holly said...

Too funny. E sounds like a kid playing with everything in the room. Glad the HSG is over. I hope she doesn't have much soreness afterwards! Onwards to the next attempt!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo for clear tubes!!
These next three months are supposed to be the luckiest of all, so we'll be sending you our best!