Monday, August 13, 2007

20 questions

We made it through it. We arrived on time. We checked in. We met the nurse. We then waited.....for 45 minutes on the doctor. We played rounds of 20 questions. M wouldn't let me touch hardly anything in the room (I like to complete a thorough inspection of everything in the room).

Finally, the Doc arrives and he does all sorts of stuff to get the dye ready. It hurts. I won't lie. I squeezed M's hand and tried to relax. It hurt for about 2-3 minutes, but then I relaxed and we had a break before the dye was injected.

We saw the entire thing on the monitor. Dye flowing through my insides and I could feel it expanding everything (hurt for another 1-2 minutes). Then they ask you to turn and make sure everything is clear.

I am all clear. I have a perfectly shaped uterus. Both tubes were open and able to accept the dye. That is all good news. I currently feel a little crampy, but nothing too serious.

Now, we wait for ovulation. It should be around next Monday. It is the last chance with our current donor. After that, we have to choose someone new.

E-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news!
Here's hoping one more try with this donor is all you'll need.

Kim aka Mommy said...

Glad to hear the HSG wasn't TOO painful. I made it thru mine but Im not gonna say it didn't hurt. OUCH!

Good luck!

Unknown said...

You will do fine....I knew you were perfect...pretty is as pretty does....love brings many blessings nm