Saturday, May 10, 2008

Still here...still pregnant

Our official due date is Monday, May 12th. However, I think today would be a great day for a birthday. I am ready to enter the next phase of this pregnancy -- labor and delivery.

I have been a very gracious hostess for over 9 months. I have not eaten cookie dough, drank too much caffeine, or drank any alcohol. I have slept according to her wishes -- mainly on my right side --- she still doesn't like me sleeping on my left side. I have endured the bladder kicks, the partying at all hours in my belly, and the sweet feeling of her rubbing my belly from the inside out. Additionally, M has done a ton of extra work to accommodate for my condition.

So, here it is. I am over it. It is time for babygirl to make her appearance in a safe and healthy way. I had cramping for about two hours this morning, but then it went away. Doctor told us yesterday that I am still 1.5 dilated, almost fully effaced, and the baby is so low she is about to come out......seriously she is at 1.5 + station. The doctor laughed about how low she is.....

We will continue to wait.....it is the two week wait all over again......

E-

5 comments:

Teaberry said...

I haven't posted lately, but I've been following along! You must be so excited! I can't wait to see the next post-- I hope it's an announcement! Good luck to you both!! :-)

Laurie said...

Hopefully she will make her grand entrance soon! I wonder if this 2 week wait will feel as long as the first one....

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess my prediction was wrong! Here I thought you'd be having the little girl on Friday!!!

I am wishing you tons of good luck for the delivery. I'll be here anxiously awaiting news. Hope everything goes very smoothly!! xo

R said...

Hoping she hurries up for you!! I know today would have fabulous for Mother's day :)

NotesFrom2Moms said...

I hope as I am writing this (several hours after you posted) you are entering labor... well wishes.