Wednesday, October 10, 2007

9 1/2 Weeks

I am happy to report that I am feeling so much better. The last two days have been much easier on me. I haven't felt as sick to my stomach and I can go longer without eating. The weekend was by far the worst. From Saturday afternoon until Tuesday morning I was totally uncomfortable with feelings of nausea. Thank goodness we made it through that phase. I am hopeful that my symptoms will continue to slowly decrease as I move toward the second trimester. My chest is still sore and I am still very tired come 7 pm, but finally the stomach has learned how to deal with the hormones.

Clothing
So, I have a pair of black pants that are my favorite dress pants. They are soft, have great lines, and are very comfortable. I wear them once a week from October until March. I also often where them to special occasions. I paid a small fortune for them and take excellent care of them so they will last forever. Last week I thought "great it's October time to bring out the great pants!" M looked at me and said, "you'd better hurry or they won't fit." I tried them on. I could button them and as long as I had no need to sit, kneel, or squat I would be fine. However, my job requires all three positions. I was heartbroken. My favorite pants.

This morning I put on a pair of gray pants that I love and they were fine, but they didn't fit as good as they used to. Most of my pants still button and are just a tiny, tiny bit too small right at the waist band. So, I had an idea. I have a pair of spanx. If you don't know what spanx are they are basically a suck-it-in pair of panyhose that runs from your knees to right below the bra line. I bought my pair for a great summer dress I wore to a wedding. I thought...what the hell I will wear the spanx to school and then it hit me! I bet I could get into my favorite black pants with spanx underneath. I tried it and yes the black pants fit (for the most part).

Two hours later I was sitting at my desk and I emailed M and said, "I feel like Scarlett O'hara going to the Wilkes B-B-Q all trussed up." It was very uncomfortable and I have learned my lesson. Do not wear pants that don't fit anymore -- even with clothing aids.

M and I work for the same school district and for the next two days we will be at a conference together. We will work with our own schools, but it will be nice to just know she is right there -- near me all day. We used to work in the same school for years and had a great time working together. That changed when our friendship turned to more......needless to say you can't be in a "relationship" and be in the same school. So, I miss having her in my physical work space. And, no kids for four days...it is gonna be great.

E-

2 comments:

Holly said...

So it begins!! LOL!!
Lois found 1 or 2 really comfortable pairs of maternity pants and wore them from about week 10 all the way through!
They looked like normal everyday pants until she started getting really big!

E. from Pot o' Gold said...

You should buy a Bella Band. It helps you wear your regular pants for longer (with the button opened) and if you buy maternity clothing too big, it helps cinch them until you're ready to wear them. It was a lifesaver for me.

My partner and I used to work at the same school and now we don't for the same reasons as you. I always love those inservices etc. that have us at the same function. It reminds me of the old days.