Saturday, February 24, 2007

She's the one.

It is a snowy Saturday morning and we are under a blizzard warning so I thought it would be a good time to blog.

Yesterday we finally found a OB/GYN that I love. I have gone to my previous doctor (Dr. K) for about 3 years, but it just never felt quite right. Dr. K is a very small petite woman who runs a busy practice and basically does what I say. For example, when I have a bad cough I need the good stuff...heavy...narcotic based cough syrup. Most doctors give me a little grief about it, but she doesn't. She signs the script and off I am to Walgreens to fill it and get relief. My concern is that I would be second guessing her -- and she would let me.

I am a little bossy. On a daily basis I oversee about 2,000 people who in some way or other answer to me (and I answer to them)...so I am used to being in charge. However, when I am sick I need someone else to be in charge of me. I know that I am going to need a doctor who I will trust and who is capable of bossing me around. M can boss me around a lot and that it why I love her. It takes the pressure off of me having to be in charge all the time.

So, we found her. Dr. F. She is strong, smart, funny and very close to our house. She was recommended by my best friend who said she would be perfect for me. My friend was right. Dr. F does not have issues with us being lesbians, in fact she is friends with quite a few of our friends. She thinks it is great that we are having a baby and she was well prepare to talk to us about what we should be doing. She totally included M in the conversation and she is part of a family practice as well.

She asked me why I wasn't staying with Dr. K. I said, I think that in a time of serious decision making if I disagreed with Dr. K she would say, "okay, we can talk about that." Dr. F laughed and said, "oh no, there will be none of that....they don't call me intimidating for nothing." I said that I needed someone who could boss me around and she said, "I can do that." I love her. She is the one.

E-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being boss runs in the family, back several generations actually and it has on occasion gotten us in trouble with each other. E think that was a good decision and good health always to your entire family. Taking care of yourself is so important as you are responsible for so many. NM