Monday, December 18, 2006

getting in the tree



From the time we jumped out of the first tree (deciding friendship wasn't enough), we knew we wanted to have a baby. We have spent months reading books, surfing the 'net and trying to tell people we want to have a baby.

Today we took the first step in jumping out of the next tree...actually making and having the baby. Actually figuring out what clinic to go to was ridiculous. Our medical provider told us one thing and then another...conflicting answers every time we talked to them. Finally, we made an appointment with a fertility clinic and decided we'd pay for the initial visit ourselves. Later, we found out another doctor is covered by our plan, so we have an appointment with him later this week.

So, we met with the infertility doctor today to basically hear everything that we already knew through reading and other blogs. It seems our next step is buying the sperm and then deciding on when we want to start the process. My partner, E, will be having the baby. She was much more freaked out than I was today because she wanted more definitive answers. I told her not to worry...millions of people do this everyday. Right?

m

3 comments:

E and M, jumpingoutoftrees said...

Testing

Unknown said...

I thought how thankful I was that you two are so educated in the facts about this procedure when your story read like a back room fifties/sixties abortion clinic. Well is the saying true, nothing worthwhile is easy????? Sometimes I'd take the easy! Glad your approach is thought out completely. NM

Unknown said...

This is surely a first for me needless to say for ya'll. Well I'm for a new baby in the family and babies are gifts from God and whatever, wherever and however it gets here is a true blessing that I want for myself and ya'll. I've had 3 great joyfull blessings myself and there's nothing like it to be had for a mother. NM