Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our sweet babygirl

We went to the doctor's this week and everything is going well. I am measuring right, strong heartbeat, and a hefty weight gain. We talked a little about pain relief during labor and we are all on the same page. Go as long as you can without anything, sign up for the IV drugs, and then pull out the needle and numb me.

I have been up since 4am. I woke up after a long dream (it was like a full length movie) and realized I couldn't feel babygirl. Normally when I wake up at night it is because she is kicking me, but she was silent. I moved around to wake her up and nothing. Moments of panic, fear, etc... Then, of course, she woke up and started her morning dance class. M leaned over and put her hand on my belly and just giggled every time babygirl kicked. M then rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.

Babygirl continued to dance, move, kick, roll, etc for two hours. Every time I was almost asleep she would start dancing. It was somewhat distracting, but also very cute. She is now perfectly asleep and I am wide awake on this frigid day.

We have a three day weekend so we will tackle another home improvement project. The mud room is our goal for the weekend.

E-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for kickin' babies!! Wait, that's babies kicking, not actually kicking babies. That sounded bad. ;)