Monday, December 10, 2007

18 weeks

What does it mean to be 18 weeks pregnant?

It means that you can no longer sleep on your back, so you must spend most of the night flipping from one side to other.

You must convince your loving, adorable, kind partner to switch sides of the bed so you can sleep on your left side more.

You must be prepared to eat food that isn't fat-free or low cal and be okay with it.

You should expect that every once and awhile you have the amazing experience of feeling a little kick coming from inside of yourself and if you are really lucky your partner gets to feel it as well.

When you lay down at night to fall asleep. you get to feel the little one rolling around within your tummy. It is so thrilling you don't want to fall asleep.

You can know that your pants are going to be too tight and you will need to buy maternity pants or invest in an bella band.

Know that people will start saying things like, "oh, I can see it now!" which is endearing and little off putting.

Various Random Tidbits

1. Motherhood Maternity store completely sucks. If you buy something on sale - you can't return it - EVER - even within their stupid 10 day return rule.

2. We got a front row parking spot at Target, during the xmas season, in the snow....small pleasures in life.

3. I had a minor breakdown on Saturday regarding baby furniture. Shopping for all that stuff is extremely stressful for me. M doesn't know whether to yell at me or comfort me. I think she wants to do both.

4. M bought me the most awesome snow pants this weekend. I can now take long walks with her and the dog all year long. I love it.

5. 9 more school days...it seems like forever. We are expecting more wintry conditions tomorrow and we are both hoping for a snow day??? I would even enjoy at 2-hour delay....

E-

4 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

I can't believe it's 18 weeks already! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

De-lurking. I just noticed your the due date on your ticker. We are due the same day. YEA! I wish I had enough to say, I would start a blog :)

Kim
I found out last week it's a boy :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! I like thinking that you're giving me advice, like "Listen up Sarah! You're going to need this before too long!" I'm glad you're doing so well. Keep up the baby-moving-excitement and fatty food indulgence.

Anonymous said...

Hey! You don't know me and I don't know you, but we already have a few things in common: Due dates, blogs, and a slight loathing for Motherhood Maternity's no return policy!

Congrats!